1.30.2011

#NowReading !

A while back, my freshman year in college I read a book called " The Kite Runner " and fell inlove with it. It was very different from most books I had read...it had nothing to do with what I could relate to.




In a nutshell, Amir, the son of a well-to-do Afghani , has a best friend, Hassan, who is the illiterate child of Amir's father's long-time servant. Both children are motherless. A horrific event, a secret kept, the loss of personal honor, and a lie come between the boys. From that rift, the story moves forward as Amir and his father emigrate to California, where Amir matures, marries, and becomes a successful writer, but is still plagued by those old sins and lies. Then comes a revelation of still one more long-held secret that sets Amir on a return trip to Afghanistan (now under the worst years of Taliban dominance) to rescue Hassan's child.

It made me laugh, it made me cry. I would read it all over again ! I remember the book was then made into a movie, and I watched it and loved it just as much.




Now I am currently reading his 2nd book called A Thousand Splendid Suns. I really suggest you guys check out either two books, they will move you in a way not any regular book can. It is a look into the lives of what we dont see or speak of daily.

6 showing love:

Anonymous said...

i read this book my sophomore year, very intense, but GREAT book.

Anonymous said...

This book is also one of my favorites! I read it in high school too :)

Healthier D . said...

Yeah, both books are awesome! I also read the Kite Runner in high school and it had my whole english class crying. & Then we had to watch the movie after. I must say the book is far better. Man, it's intense. I'll never forget it. btw, love your blog <3

Alina Rodriguez said...

I read the Kite Runner a few semesters ago for an English class and it was honestly one of the best books I have ever read. I literally could not put it down, and I cried from start to finish!

gor(jess). said...

I think anyone with a soul would cry to this - or im just a big baby ! But its so true very intense and emotional !

reminds you of how sacred life is, and how much we should cherish it !

D said...

Omg I love reading books! I've always wanted to read the Kite Runner but haven't gotten to it, I'm gonna start it now for sure!