4.23.2009

when do men mature ?



I used to have this thing with dating younger guys, I don't know why ...but I felt they were more into having a relationship. I guess since they were new to it and what not. It turned out though that after being together for a few months they would realize " damn I'm too young, fuck that " LOL , which I completely understand. But then when I started dating dudes around the ages of 23-25 it was the same shit. All they want to do is party, get drunk, and chase after as many girls as they can ... like there in competition with there boys. So its like when do they mature? When is the right age when a man will finally wake up and be like " HMM, maybe I should take a girl seriously ". Sadly many men think the same so when they are around a whole bunch of guy friends that think that way they get sucked into thinking that way also. I have a few guys that i've met that were interested in the idea of being in a committed relationship, then have there minds changed because it was not " the cool thing " and start thinking that just because they get into a relationship there social life is over. Honestly I wish guys knew how simple us girls are. I want a relationship right? But I would never drop my life for a man; so I wouldn't expect him to either. Go out clubbing with your boys, have guy nights, talk to your home girls, don't worry you DON'T have to call me every single minute of your life. I'm not the kind of girl that asks for much out of a boyfriend , I guess because i've become way too accustomed to being alone, that I don't need all that attention from a guy...I can go days without seeing the guy I'm with. I would never tie someone down, or go through there business ...I mean isn't a relationship based on trust? I'm not going to get all physco on him just because hes now my "boyfriend". I would give him the same respect and space I would want back. But guys just don't get that , they see it as there lives are over after getting a girlfriend. Maybe because most girls make it seem that way, I don't know. Which leads me to ...the reason why I'm such a bitch with men. LOL. I admit I can come off very stand offish , and I am harsh ...but very truthful ( the truth hurts ! ). But its because of the way guys carry themselves ... I act like that because two can play that game. So until they grow up , that's when I will take them serious & get off my bitch mode.



Photobucket

10 showing love:

♥ Nikki ♥ said...

This was interesting and so true. As for you being a beotch, lol, I must say that sometimes, fighting fire with fire just equals two burnt people, but when you put it out with water..aka..your sweetness, intelligence, sultry sexyness, etc. that moreso will give you the outcome you want. I can say that I am now in Love, but TRUST me, it did not happen easy, in this day and age, two attractive young college students that love to party and socialize...there is just too much going on at a young age. Now at 26 I realize that if I just would of said freak guys and "did me" until I was out of school,I would of spared myself alot of drama. If anything, (some) guys are smart for putting it off until they feel 100% sure that they want to be committed, it only gets annoying when they want to play the role but not give the title..so they can be free to girl hop- thats immature and selfish.

KRYSTAL said...

amen! lol.. guys are so unpredictable

Stephie J said...

Cant group all men into one category. I wouldnt say mature .. I would say stages of life!

Just gotta wait for the right one to come along! They arent all assholes. How many guys have you heard say "nice guys always finish last".. or heard a guy talk about a girl he likes. Ive heard it alot!

gor(jess). said...

nikkid && Stephie J --- your all soo right, it is stages for sure.

&& yeah i know many good guys that like a girl verrry much && cant have her or something , very true.

krystal -- many of them are very predictable. which sucks the most lol.

Anonymous said...

I hear you...Who said women cant make up their minds..apparently men are worst!! but the truth is, me too sometimes i miss my single satus...but not for long...thank God! LOL

M. Uson said...

awww honey, I know exactly what you mean!About 70-90% of the guy population is full of horndogs. Its so disgusting. I hate to say this, but its rare that any of these men ever mature even as their bodies mature physically. I guess based on my experience, I have lots of guy bestfriends, i grew up with two brothers and I know how they perceive women & I hear them talk. Its like we're a mere sex object. And then move onto to the next one. That's why it was so hard for me to be accustomed to my husband who is the exact opposite of what typical men/boys are like. I was so used to hearing "Hit it and Split it"... But then again some women are like that too.. But don't give up, there is that wonderful 30-10% out there... & be a B*tch if you have to. They friggin deserve that treatment!

gor(jess). said...

aww thanks maggie , yeah it is tough when your so used to ONE kind of way to be treated as and all ... but yeah i know theres good guys out there so ima wait patiently till i find my prince charming lol, no settling.

Fashion Without Guilt said...

OMG!!! I AM GOING THROUGH THIS SITUATION NOW. MEN SO GET ON MY NERVES. BUT TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST, I HEARD A QUOTE THAT HAS STUCK WITH ME AND ITS SO CLIQUE BUT TRUE. "PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT TO DO". SO IF THEY WANTED A RELATIONSHIP OR SOMETHING SERIOUS THEY WOULD TRY TO MAKE IT WORK. MAYBE ITS HARSH BUT TRUE. I SO NEEDED TO HEAR THAT I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE. I AM SO OVER GAMES. I HATE GAMES

Unbreakable said...

Ok since there is go guy input on this post let me shine son light, from a male’s perspective but in general.

Men go through stages in life, some men goes through different stages at different times; to say that a 23 year old guy is less mature than a 33 you may just be wrong. Age is just a thing with guys. So don’t cut guys short because he is younger than you are.

I think the problem females are having is finding a guy that is REALLY ready to settle down, and is totally honest about it, I have been to at a point in my life that I though I was ready to settle down, but when I took a shot at it I realize that I was not ready, due to the fact that I still had uncontrollable desires for other women.

Initially I though I was ready, but I was so not, so its no that guys are crazy or assholes but some are just plainly confused as to what they want, some are just immature, and other are just playing the field plain and simple, some men just not like commitment, and if forced into trust and believe they will cheat.

I am fortunate enough to have stared dating an a very tender age so now I know what I want, I am no longer impress my looks, not ever ass that goes by I want to tap, due to the fact that I have matured. Knowing that not all that glitters is gold, now I can say I am sure I am ready for a committed relationship with a person I find to be very attractive, overall I am not talking about physical attraction. Education, financially responsible, etc etc

Not all men are dogs

DIVINA said...

I LOVE WAT U WROTE.. REMINDS ME OF MYSELF AT THIS VERY MOMENT UGH ITS TRUE GURLS MATURE FASTER DEN GUYS