I bought this book a while ago ; and once I was done gave it to the boyfriend. This book teaches military tactics to survive during war.The Art of War is one of the oldest and most successful books on military strategy. It is something that can definitely be used during regular day to day situations though. Things we are struggling with ; things we feel we are fighting for. It is also said to apply very well through business deals and managerial strategies. Here are some that stood out to me && really kept me up & ready to face the challenges of my day.
1. Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
2. Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril.
3. Speed is the essence of war. Take advantage of the enemy's unpreparedness; travel by unexpected routes and strike him where he has taken no precautions.
4. A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective.
5. The best victory is when the opponent surrenders of its own accord before there are any actual hostilities. It is best to win without fighting.
6. Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
7. Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
8. He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
9. To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.
10. One defends when his strength is inadaquate, he attacks when it is abundant.